A Laser Rangefinder is one of the most popular and best devices that help to measure the distance and even an object’s other characteristics to utilize a laser.
Based on the flight’s time principle; the rangefinder will forward the laser pulse to its target in a narrow beam and based on the time taken to reflect the same on its target and return with obtained distance. Laser rangefinders are most popular among military personnel, in various sports, and also hunters.
A few models can even provide shot clearance feedback for the user to get the way of its target. This can be especially important for military personnel, since they use their rangefinder in life or death matters, and cannot afford to shoot the wrong target.
A few of them may also include high-definition options that allow you to examine the close-up target using a small screen. Military members and hunters will utilize a few models that determine the moving objects and their speed as well.
Individuals, who utilize the bow & arrow will require a laser rangefinder with the in-built decline or incline technology. This will take different shooting angles into account when calculating distance.
Night hunters will use a laser rangefinder that includes a larger adjustable display screen to multiple light conditions. Some features like brightness control technology and night vision devices can provide ocular contrast and modifications with other surrounding light conditions.
Top 10 & Best Laser Rangefinders
Easy to use: Rangefinders are frequently used for outdoor hunting or golfing, you need to always hold it in hand in use. To ease the way of changing modes and getting ranges, all the rangefinders are set to easy and simple to use. If you need a basic one for a ranging distance only, you may get one with a simple button design.
The Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized will offer outbound laser and viewfinder to ensure that the user will get extremely accurate yardage and exceptionally clear picture. The green circle will help you to understand that closest target locked status.
- Slope or Distance Measurement.
- Meters or Yards measuring system.
- 6 oz Dimensions (3.8 x 1.7 x 2.9 inches).
- Legal Tournament.
- Red or LED Display Type.
- 6 x 21 mm objective lens magnification.
- 8 to 1200 yards range.
- Stabilization and Weatherproof.
- Actual Distance Indicator.
- Hyper Read.
- Declination or Inclination Technology.
- When compared with the Bushnell laser rangefinder, this model has less rugged.
- Expensive Price range.
The Precision Pro Golf Nexus will comfortably fit within your hand and also features a handy storage pouch with protection and a 400-yard range. It can easily filter out the entire background objects automatically and ensure that you lock the actual target on the flag.
- Includes Lanyard, carry case, cleaning cloth, and 3 Volt Battery.
- Manufacturer warranty for 1-year.
- Meters or Yards function.
- Shock Proof casing (Soft coat Outer casing).
- Water-resistant design.
- 6X Magnification.
- S.T (Lock Mode of Dynamic Scanning Target).
- Measurements of 1/10 yard (Up to 124.5 yards).
- 400 Yard range.
- It comes with affordable price and offers similar quality of other higher models.
- Lightweight and can able to carry for several hours.
- Most of the buttons are much easier to use.
- It can be installed effortlessly and very quickly.
- Strong magnification to appear closer.
- Comfortable grip and able to handle the product size in your hand.
- Very consistent and accurate rangefinder.
- This could be one of the best laser rangefinders with regards to long-range.
- The battery life is not as long as per your expectations.
- Sometimes, it may focus on the other background items instead of the focused flag.
- Optics is not as good as expected.
Bushnell Pro X7 Jolt laser rangefinder is one of the best slope models. It can easily compensate for the declination or inclination angles. They still provide more accuracy with measurements of horizontal distance. The viewfinder will lock the targets and also deliver bright images.
- Included with premium carry case and 123 3-volt battery.
- Warranty for 2 years.
- Posi-Thread Battery Door.
- For elevation changes, you can use the Slope technology for compensated distances.
- HD Optics with 7X Magnification.
- For entire lighting conditions, use the VDT (Vivid Display Technology).
- Extreme Speed Precision (ESP 2).
- Mile ranging performance from 5 yards-1.
- Accurate to ½ yard.
- Zero flag with PinSeeker & Jolt Technology.
- Durable and Sturdy case.
- Objects will appear larger size than normal.
- It can perform well if the entire prisms are placed on the flags.
- Vivid Display and Excellent accuracy.
- Lock the targets and fast calculations on distance using the Jolt technology.
- On the same flag, you can get readings with an exact same location for about 1.5 yards and accurate from 5 to 120 yards.
- Once the warranty expired, the display may not work properly.
- It offers only warranty for 2 years.
- Large Size and not able to place within a bag.
4.Leupold GX 5i3
Leupold’s GX 5i3 laser rangefinder will offer advanced infrared laser & high-performance DNA (Digitally eNhanced Accuracy) to get increased accuracy display and faster measurements to its nearest 1/10 yard.
As per USGA rule 14-3 update, Club Selector and TGR features can be displayed per tournament play. The GX 5i3 will offer club recommendations and ranging information to provide current environmental, slope, and personal hitting strength conditions.
- Rugged, compact, lightweight for all golf conditions and play.
- Any weather types can play well by enabling Fog mode and Waterproof.
- It can determine elevation changes, atmospheric conditions, and hitting strength.
- TGR feature can compensate both downhill & uphill shots.
- Red OLED display with a fully multi-coated lens to offer scratch-proof, clearer, and brighter images.
- Every single shot to utilize the right club of Club Selector feature.
- Prism-lock technology for automatic readings with faster locking on and audible tones.
- Ger faster readings using One-touch Scan mode during the course sweep.
- Rapid target acquisition using New PinHunter3 Technology.
- Advanced & Upgraded DNA Technology for more accurate and faster distance readings.
- The construction is made up of a high-quality aluminium body instead of other plastic rangefinders.
- Excellent and high-quality optics expect from Leupold by golfers.
- Every shot from your hitting zone at the golf course can be featured using 6X Zooming.
- Great product and works accuracy.
- Purchase the best laser rangefinder.
- Expensive price when compared to the earlier model GX-2i3.
- Setting Pin lock for the first time will take a huge amount of time.
- A little bit expensive, but an excellent tool especially for the golfer service.
5.Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-B
The Leica Rangemaster Laser Rangefinder of CRF 1600-B comes with a small and compact unit. It includes numerous features such as wide-field view with 7X Magnification, AquaDura Coatings with reading up to a maximum of 1600 yards, and ABC (Advanced Ballistic Compensation) Technology.
It has a good rating across the online platform. Most of the reviewers will recommend purchasing this affordable product.
When compared with earlier Leica 1600 Laser Rangefinder, it includes much better-ranging quality and also easier display readings. You can prefer to purchase the new model rather than buying the older one.
- 4-digit LED Display.
- +/- 3.5 Diopter Compensation.
- Plastic Housing with Carbon Fiber-Infused.
- Measurement ranges from 10 to 1600 yards.
- Adjustable Display functions with 3-type of Ballistic.
- Integrated Barometer or Thermometer.
- Phase Coated Roof Prism.
- AquaDura Lens Coating.
- 24mm Objective Lens & 7.0X Magnification.
- You can individually access the readings of temperature, angle, and pressure.
- If the data are arranged in a particular format, then the screen will not be cluttered.
- It comes with an affordable price when compared to its available features.
- Consider the measurement like angle, temperature, and atmosphere.
- It lacks to provide the priority settings of the last target.
6.Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt
Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt laser rangefinder will be much effective and useful for beginners or veteran golfers. Apart from its moderate price, it comes with other features such as vibration alerts; adjustable focus rings even if the flag is locked.
- 2 Years Manufacturer’s Warranty.
- Proceeds portion will donate the Folds of Honor foundation.
- Patriot Pack includes a battery, a protective skin, and a carry case.
- The tournament play will get legal along with complies of USGA Rule 14-3/.05.
- Stabi Grip Technology will ensure a comfortable grip, secure during the use.
- Fast Focus System will allow the golfers for optic focus adjustment to ensure target accuracy and sight clarity.
- It is designed to deliver the golfers with unrivalled accuracy will come with a faster & smaller package.
- Similar to others, the Bushnell screen is placed on either side to offer more direct view results.
- Lens has good 5X zoom for focusing the measurement point confidently and quickly.
- Covers numerous distances, Bushnell Tour V4 can cover the range of 400 yards to take advantage of other activities and playing golf as well.
- Measurements are not resulted in centimeters & meters.
- Not good for short distances.
- Not even effective for measuring the relatively short distances.
7. Vortex Optics Ranger
The Vortex Optics Laser Rangefinder will deliver much reliability with regards to everything from wet weather to low-light conditions. It can feature with utility clip that helps to keep the close hand, high-quality O-Ring seals for moisture intrusion prevention, and also a secure grip with rubberized housing.
- Deer range from 9-900 yards.
- Reflective range from 9-1800 yards.
- LOS Mode and Horizontal Component Distance (HCD) Mode.
- Easy to navigate or use Menu.
- Tripod Adaptable along with Utility Clip.
- Diopter & Rubber Armor.
- Rugged Design & Waterproof.
- Fully Multi-coated Lenses.
- 6X Magnification and +/- 3 accuracy at 1000 yards.
- Lightweight, ergonomic, and Space-saving for portability, storage, and trouble-free packing.
- LOS (Line of Sight) mode can display the accurate sight range line.
- The Waterproof performance allowed by O-Ring seal and optimal light transmission rendered by unique multi-coated lenses.
- Your operations may be a breeze with the highly intuitive menu with a crystal-clear display.
- Primary Horizontal Component Distance (HCD) mode can help to display the angle-compensated distance data.
- Target ranges up to a maximum of 1300 yards and provides accurate distance data for shooting or hunting.
- It can able to display only the Incline angle measurements within the LOS Mode.
- Range increments can be displayed only by 1 yard, not tenths.
8. Leupold RX-1600i TBR
Leupold RX-1600i Laser Rangefinder will underscore dependability and quality with its in-built inclinometer, quick setup menu, and DNA (Digitally eNhanced Accuracy).
It offers advanced OLED Technology that allows the user with adjustable and much easier to utilize in various environments and light conditions.
Besides, it also uses the 6X magnification process that guarantees maximum power along with a full wide-field view for tracking the target efficiently and easily. The Leupold RX-1600i Laser Rangefinder features with TBRW (True Ballistic Range with Wind) that enables to shot dead even on each time.
Very much thanks to the long history & science for quality innovation and perfect balancing of engineering.
- TBR/W (True Ballistic Range with Wind).
- OLED Display.
- Rugged and Armor coated.
- Trig (RX 1200 / RX 1000).
- Choose any one from the available three different reticules.
- Scan Mode (RX) and Quick Setup Menu.
- Line of Sight Distance (RX).
- Fully Multi-coated (RX).
- Fold-Down Rubber Eyecups.
- Digitally eNhanced Accuracy (DNA)
- Lithium Battery with CR2 model.
- In-built Inclinometer.
- Advanced OLED Technology.
- 6X Magnification.
- TBR Data.
- Advanced Technology.
- LED Display.
- Multiple reticules.
- Affordable Price.
- Not tripod adaptable.
9.Nikon Aculon AL11
Nikon Aculon AL11 is one of the most popular and best compact models available across the online market and an ideal one for those who prefer to pack light.
The display screen is easy to read and also uncluttered, which makes a good choice for those who are new to this device. It can display the Ranges in yard intervals or meter.
- Rainproof or Water Resistant.
- Ultra-compact Size.
- Single Button Operation.
- Distant Target Priority Mode.
- Long Eye Relief.
- Easier to view with Uncluttered LCD Display.
- True Ranging Capability up to 550-yard.
- Multilayer Coated optics.
- Displays in 1-yard Increments.
- It comes with Multi-coated optics.
- Much easier to read the Display.
- Compact size at affordable prices.
- It may not function properly with faint or non-reflective targets.
- Not for Golf.
10.TecTecTec VPro500 Laser Rangefinder
The TecTecTec VPro500 Laser rangefinder is one of the most popular and comes with affordable price that offers First Target Priority Mode & Continuous Scan Mode to take numerous readings at a time. It also offers an adjustable diopter, overlapping targets using Pin Sensor technology, and 540-yard range.
- 2 Years of Manufacturer’s warranty.
- Includes additional CR2 3V Battery.
- Microfiber cleaning cloth and wrist strap with premium-moulded hard case.
- Sure-grip ergonomic design.
- Against drops, it is protected using the shock-resistant case.
- With guaranteed diopter adjustment functionality, you can get a clear view of whether it is farsighted or nearsighted.
- Multi-layered, ultra-clear, and premium optical lens.
- A distance of hazards can be checked using the Continuous Scan Mode.
- The closet subject distance is displayed using the First Target Priority Mode.
- Overlapping targets are measured using Pin Sensor Technology.
- Rain Proof, dependable, and sturdy.
- Slope technology adjustment for Declines & Inclines.
- Exact reading with only 1 yard for minus or plus.
- Even from a long distance, the picture looks much clearer.
- Entire hazards are covered with 2 years warranty.
- Provided with a carrying bag.
- Clear measurement readings with a great display.
- Long enough Yardages.
- Greater portability with a compact design.
- It does not include impressive optics when compared to higher-end laser rangefinders.
- Not allowed within the professional tournaments.
- Inside, it can be covered with Fog.
- Only Steady hands can operate.
Laser Rangefinder – Buying Guide
Rangefinders are amazing gadgets that assist users in determining the distance between their targets and them. These handheld gadgets are essential in various applications such as archery, golf, and hunting.
We all know that there are multiple usages on laser rangefinders, some are suitable for golf, some are perfectly designed for hunting, you can also pick out the best one for archery use. For different usages, requirements on the machine are also diverse a lot.
Therefore, you should first determine what areas you intend to use the machine or say, the scale of activity. For golf use, you can choose the one with multiple features and modes. Users can utilize the black or camo design for hunting purposes.
Each laser rangefinder may vary depending upon the ranges. It differs from 450 yards and up to a maximum of 1600 yards. Then you should think about what exactly range you need, whether for short distance or long distance hunting or golfing.
Weight & Size
The rangefinder is like a Smartphone, you need to hold it in hand all the time in use. A lot of energy can be saved in outdoor activities by using small compact types. Though the smallest one makes it easy to bring about, you should know that the smaller machine is, the more difficult it can be on measuring it with a single one hand. To solve the problem, a tripod is quite helpful.
The most important factor to utilize the good laser rangefinder is based on Accuracy. If you get a range device with bad accuracy, it can be a disaster and helps nothing at all, you are actually getting a half binocular at hands.
For laser rangefinders, the battery will sever the better power and determine based on its outdoor wildlife.
Some rechargeable type is useful for daily golf use, but if you intend to live outdoor for a long time, then the one with battery is, of course, the best choice.
In case it runs battery quickly, you’d better bring extra batteries with you. Apart from that, it is advisable to utilize the normal batteries.
The laser rangefinder’s lens will offer great influence over the amount of lighting that can able to go through. As of now, you can find three different lens types available across the market:
- Coated lens: it means at least one lens surface is coated with a layer of coating.
- Fully-coated Lens: Rangefinder with each glass lens is coated along with a single layer.
- Multi-coated Lens: Each lens surface will be fully covered with numerous coatings.
- Fully multi-coated lens: The entire glass lens surfaces are coated with various layers.
- Multi-coated layers are able to reduce the loss of light and display clear sight as much as possible.
How to choose the best Laser Rangefinders
You need to consider many things before buying a product. Your consideration will lead the step and help you to choose the best one. If you want to know the product’s pros and cons, you need to use it first.
This is the best option. Second, best is you ask the person who uses it. But if you count on one person’s view you may not get the whole picture.
So, it is better to ask many users, which is called user review and ratings. We picked this method as one of our considerable factors. Our first priority is we have tested these laser rangefinders ourselves.
We have also tested these products with pro users. After that, we have found some considerable factors that really help you to choose your best laser rangefinder.
You should consider accuracy, slope, ease of use, pin seeker/pinhunter/first priority, magnification, size, scan mode, readability, range, model, design, a technology used and price factors before buying the product.